Monday, July 29, 2013

RIP Kidd

Late Saturday night my friend Kelly texted me to that Kidd Kraddick had died.

Dallas morning radio host, Kidd Kraddick is dead? I am still in shock to be honest. I really can't even believe that it is real. I've listened to Kiss FM's morning show since my preteen years all the way until this morning, which most likely will be my last. Though I love Kellie (who is my personal favorite), Big Al, J-si, Jenna and the rest of the crew, the show as everyone knows will not be the same. Kidd was the show, he ran the show, he kept it flowing...he made it a family and everyone was invited for thanksgiving dinner.

No, Ive never met Kidd Kraddick and until Facebook I never even knew what he looked like. But when you listen to someone talk about their lives, ever morning for 15 plus years straight, you honestly feel like you know them and you can relate to them, and laugh with them and on days like today...you cry with them. We all remember the famous letter Kidd read when his daughter went off to kindergarten, she's now in college and that letter is read every year on the first day of school in August. Sweet enough to make any momma shed some tears. I have always been an avid Kidd Kraddick in the morning fan, I actually would cringe if I were to get into someones car and the morning show wasn't what was playing. After having babies, since I no longer got the chance to listen to the radio on my morning commute, I would sometimes have Danny recap what the show had to say about the latest media frenzy.

 Yes, Dallas has lost a very good man. Kidd Kraddick did not just provide morning entertainment in a 45 minute car ride while stuck  in traffic on highway 75. He did much more, he was like a second cup of coffee. He was part of so many peoples routines, their daily dose of pick me up, their first laugh of the day and for me, a first time radio call in winner of a pair of miley cyrus concert tickets. ;)

When we first moved to Georgia, I made a list of all the things I missed about Texas... The Kidd Kraddick morning show was in my top 10.

I'm thankful for facebook, because I know for a fact that I am not the only one who is somewhat emotionally attached to someone they have never even met. Praying for the whole morning show and all of Kidds family. "Keep looking up, cause thats where it all is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment